Watson CPA Group - Knowledgebase


How do I pay my taxes while living in foreign country without having a US bank account?

Article ID: 53
Last updated: 16 Oct, 2012
Revision: 6
print  Print
share  Share
comment  Add comment
Views: 0
Comments: 0

By Jason Watson ()

There are several options but predominantly there are two-

EFTPS: The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System is a free service from the US Department of the Treasury. All federal taxes can be paid using EFTPS. You can make payments via their web site, a voice response system, or special channels designed for tax professionals, payroll services, and financial institutions. Quick, secure, and accurate, EFTPS is available by phone or online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can schedule a business payment up to 120 days in advance or an individual payment up to 365 days in advance.

Please visit the EFTPS website to enroll and make your tax payment.  Some states also have an online payment option. Please contact us for more details.

Official Payments: There is another third party vendor that several states endorse for tax payments. They are called Official Payments (sounds legit) and their web site is www.officialpayments.com.

This article was:   Helpful | Not helpful Report an issue

Also read
item What is foreign earned income exclusion?
item Are there any downsides to claiming the foreign earned income exclusion?
item What are the filing timelines for submitting my ExPat tax returns?

Also listed in
folder General FAQs

Prev     Next
Is the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative (OVDI) still in...       Are there automatic filing extensions for military personnel?