Watson CPA Group - Knowledgebase


If the S-Corp taxation is what I ultimately want, should I form an LLC or C-Corp?

Article ID: 80
Last updated: 17 Oct, 2013
Revision: 4
print  Print
share  Share
comment  Add comment
Views: 0
Comments: 0

By Jason Watson ()

This KB article has been superseded. Please see our updated articles.

Good question. Each state is different with its requirements for LLCs and C-Corps. C-Corps generally have more red tape and filing requirements than LLCs, but each case is unique. Typically, however, an LLC with the S-Corp election is going to be our advice. Please contact us for more discussion.

This article was:   Helpful | Not helpful Report an issue

Also read
item What is the difference between an LLC, S-Corp and a C-Corp?
item Is there a way to avoid Self-Employment tax?
item What are the operational hassles of an S-Corp LLC?
item How do I convert my LLC to an S-Corp?
item What are tax issues with an LLC owning a rental property?
item Formation of an LLC or S Corp
item Should I convert my LLC to an S-Corp (Sub-S Election)?
item Liability Protection Fallacy of an LLC
item Can I call my 1099 ‘other income’ which avoids employment taxes?

Prev     Next
What are the operational hassles of an S-Corp LLC?       Should I form an LLC with my spouse?